Getting pregnant right after having a baby

Okay..I already know, im a MORON!! But anyway, I just had my first baby, she is 3 weeks old. I know you are supposed to wait 6 weeks before having sex, but hey, sometimes things just happen. and sometimes you just dont have any condoms. and I havent got my birth control yet. Sooo does anyone know if you are more fertile right after pregnancy? I still havent stopped bleeding from having her, so I obviously havent had a period yet. How long does it normally take to get your period back? (I'm not breast feeding.) I was thinking of calling my doctors office in the morning and asking if I can come in for a pregnancy test, hope its negative, and if it is go ahead and get on some birth control. But would it even show up yet if I did conceive? It was only 3 days ago when we did the deed....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:54 PM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• wait a couple weeks and then take a test
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 6:57 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Yes it is possible to get pregnant again so soon. (my mil did her oldest 2 are just 10mo apart in age). Since you just had sex a few days ago, it would be too soon to really tell if you are pregnant. At your 6 week checkup talk to your doctor and ask if he/she will check for pregnancy.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 7:00 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Same thing that happened to my sister, After she had her 3rd baby she found out 2 months later that she was one month pregnant with her 4th baby. so therefore, he was conceived when the 3rd baby was about a month old. i just dont want to have to wait 6 whole weeks to find out. but i know it would be to early to show up on a test right now.
    Jessaroo1987

Answer by Jessaroo1987 at 7:03 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• At my 6 week checkup they did a pregnancy test because I was being put on birth control so maybe they will do the same for you? I've always been told it is very easy to get pregnant in those first 6 weeks. Also if you just had a baby pregnancy tests may show positive because your hormones are still way up.
    HolliBerry21

Answer by HolliBerry21 at 7:11 PM on Aug. 16, 2009