I need help

My three year old will be turning four in a few days, she weighs 41 lbs and is about 40 inches tall- we thought we were doing the right think by switching her to a booster seat a while back- well I have done alot of research lately and have decided to switch her back to a 5 point harness- I can't afford to get the britax regent right now, so my question is - is it better for her to be 1 lb over on the convertible carseat witha five point harness for a few weeks until I can afford to get her the new seat or stay in the booster? Please tell me what you think.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:12 PM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Kids' Health

• I say keep her in the 5 point harness until you can afford a new one! Even one pound over the limit, it will prvide more protection than a booster!
    Elyssa414

Answer by Elyssa414 at 8:11 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• It's better to keep her in a 5 point harness but it's NOT okay to have her over the weight limit.
    Britax isn't the only seat that you can harness in past 40 lbs.
    You can get a Graco Nautilus that converts then to a belt positioning booster and later backless booster. (I would get this one... it's about $150)
    Or a Cosco Apex which also goes up to 65 lbs and a booster to 100 lbs.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:47 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• My eddie bauer 3 in one goes up to 100 lbs .. I would avoid driving her until you have a age/weight appropriate seat.
    jamiinvegas

Answer by jamiinvegas at 12:47 PM on Aug. 18, 2009