How do I get over it?

Recently I decided to leave my husband b/c he cheated on me. He keeps trying to work things out but I know I will never get past the hurt that he put me through. BUT...he's already expressed that if me and him don't get back together he'd try and work things out w/ the other woman b/c at least one of his kids will grow up w/o a father which i think is pretty selfish considering that not only does he have 2 w/ me but he has 3 other in our home state. I told him he needs to work it out that he's there for all his kids instead of picking and choosing. Anywho, he seems to think we are going to work out but I don't correct it not b/c i still want him but b/c ever since I found out me and this woman have been bickering. I don't want her to win if that makes since. I know its childish and I haven't said anything to him, matter of fact I tell him if thats what he wants to be w/ then do it. (cont'd)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:15 PM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• I think we as women are territorial...the thing is, you'll always have some kind of bond with him...I don't it would necessarily be "letting her win" because I think you're getting the better end of the deal..more than likely, he's going to do the same thing to her..you ever heard of "what goes around, comes around'? as far as him saying your kids will grow up without a father, does that mean he doesn't plan on being in their life at all? Don't try to work it out just for the kids because I tried that with my first marriage and I ended up having a couple of miserable years instead of getting out of it and being happier...I hope this helped, I'm not an expert....good luck..
    Jan40

Answer by Jan40 at 8:15 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I know she'd be getting the worst deal, having to deal w/ a man who likes to cheat and he's basically settling for he b/c he cant have me. I tell myself that all the time but how do I fully let it go and stop worrying about her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:17 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• girl do not stay with someone so that you can beat out the other women. It will solve nothing for you and you will still be unhappy and bitter!! If you really want to leave him, then do it!!
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 7:18 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Don't stay with him just to win. He is no prize. Only an asshole cheats then says if you don't take him back he'll get together with his slut. Dump him!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:51 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• op

oh know trust me he's definitely gone. Not only does it piss me off that he thinks he got away w/ it and he's just gonna move to make a new family and f' his other children but this chick acts like husband stealing is a sport. I guess I just want both of them to learn their lesson but I know its not up to me so I just let it go. I also still love him, he was my first love and thats another reason why its so difficult to let go
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:00 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Run away from that loser and don't ever look back.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:01 PM on Aug. 16, 2009