Christians-when you are told your message is not wanted is it best to put it away or keep pushing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:17 PM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Neither. Say what is on your mind, but just because it's something you strongly believe in, doesn't mean that anyone else has to. Just say your peace, take it or leave it. You should be able to speak up just as much as anyone else. Just don't push your views/beliefs on anyone else. That's where fights/arguments begin
    clhadley

Answer by clhadley at 7:21 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I guess I will quit pushing my message (like in my signature for example) when others keep pushing their 'let-everyone-be-what-they-want-to-be' message. I don't believe in abortion, they do, i dont believe in homosexual marriage, they do, etc....So why am I the wrong one if I don't believe in it. Doesn't it make sense that everyone believes they are the right one?

So to answer your question, I don't stop mentioning or talking about my Lord because that is what He (and I) want. But at the same time, you don't have to force it down anyones throat if they are resisiting. There are different ways to spread the word.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:23 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I can't stop living my life as I am, so the "example" part of my message would always be there,

....but my mouth would pretty much shut-up out of respect for their wishes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:28 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Anon, :23 I personally think there is a difference between fighting for a cause like abortion and sharing your faith. Abortion is a social issue, salvation is a personal issue.

If someone is not interested in the Lord, I will not try and convert them but I will still be myself around them. I am in love with God. I will pray for them, but I can't force them to love God.

But if people are not pro-life I will keep fighting for the issue politically. It is a social issue.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 7:32 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• john 13:35 By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.

by this, the example of love in our lives should be a witness even when we are silent.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 7:35 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Please, for god's sake, put it away.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:42 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• i rarely give the message to someone i dont know well enough to know if they would be willing/interested in it. but if i did & if some one said "no thanks" that would be the end of me sharing my faith with them. i would respect their request. but that doesnt mean i have to believe what they believe or must stop living my life the way i believe is right.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 8:15 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• erika- john 13:35 By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.

My sentiments exactly! I just put it on my page too, it's so lovely!
    sarahbrown1220

Answer by sarahbrown1220 at 8:45 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I'm not Christian... But I don't think anyone should "put it away." Not the Christians - Not the Non-Christians... I think you should lead by example - always! Don't preach, don't push - Just show.

Preaching and pushing only make you and your path look bad! There isn't a single thing you can SAY that will lead someone to follow your path or see things differently. You have to SHOW them!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:49 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Preaching and pushing only make you and your path look bad!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you!!!! Yes it does for all sides of the spectrum- well said!

I live by " the best way to prove your faith or your belief is to practice tolerance of others and theirs".
    sarahbrown1220

Answer by sarahbrown1220 at 8:51 PM on Aug. 16, 2009