do you get sick of hearing about work, funny things that happened there, etc? (SAHMs)

i sure f-ing am. :( I sit patiently and silently and smile/nod but he couldn't handle 30 seconds of what I did all day

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 7:20 PM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• I feel you Mom :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:28 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Nope, my hubby works sooooooo hard and deals with so many idiots. Any time something funny or enjoyable happens, I'm just happy for him. He really hates his job.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:22 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• mine complains he does.... but gosh he sure comes home with a pile of "hilarious" stories every morning
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 7:28 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Not really. But I agree, my DH doesn't appreciate what I do! But I don't mind hearing about his day! It's a break from my day! And he listens about mine.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 7:29 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• No. I'm always honestly interested in how his day was. He always asks how my day was as well, and honestly listens, then backs me up on any punishments I had to lay down with the kids. He also makes sure the dishes are done for me and the trash is gathered around the house and taken out.
    He knows what I do/go through every day, and tells me numerous times how much he appreciates it. He had me make up a list of everything I did in a day, took a day off, then sent me out before the kids got up, and did the stay at home Dad thing. He never complained again if I didn't get every thing done. He claims I work much harder than he does.
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 7:33 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• No, I love hearing funny stories about my DH's day. I also share things that happen around my day. We have a rule that for the first 30 min or so after he gets home from work we both vent about our day. It helps us stay in touch and allows us to unwind. Works great for stress! I think though its only really effective if its give and take with both parties adding things. I'd be upset if I listened to him and he didn't return the favor!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 7:36 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• God yes. Enough already. I think so maybe you should have not been talking to that idiot all day and actually worked. Then you wouldn't have had to stay late and could have bothered to be home on time so I could get to the store before10:00. I also get sick of being in the middle of 15 things when he calls me to gripe about the office manager being a pain in the ass. When I have something really lousy or really wonderful happen, I get to keep it all to myself because he and everyone else works and although I'm expected to answer every b.s. call from him he doesn't think he has to return the favor every now and then. I get that he's working but so am I.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:48 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

I feel the same way.
    kimosgirl08

Answer by kimosgirl08 at 7:57 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• no he works hard
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Nope, for a few reasons. 1) He works hard, at a physical job, surrounded by morons. When he gets home he needs to vent, talk about his day, talk about anything entertaining that happened, etc. 2) I'm one of the lucky ones. My dh KNOWS he couldn't do what I do & admits it. He listens attentively to me talk or vent about my day & he deserves the same respect. 3) I believe that for a marriage to work, both people have to be able to talk to their spouse about anything. If he doesn't feel he can talk to me about his job, what's to stop him from finding someone else to talk to? I trust my dh completely, but that's how many marital problems start. The communication isn't there & one goes outside the relationship to find what they aren't getting at home. That generally leads to more.
    We're very big on communication, talking to each other, and being totally honest with each other. That involves talking about how our day was.
    busygoddess

Answer by busygoddess at 9:24 AM on Aug. 17, 2009