College and religion

Those of you with college age kids, do they go to church on Sunday when on campus?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:28 PM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• when my husband and i were in college (about 2 years ago) we both went through a rebelion. my dad is a pastor, and because of issues w him, i let it be an issue between me and God. so no, i did not go to church whil on campus. my husband did for the most part, despite his other rebelions.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 7:38 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• i know i didnt...and half of the kids i went to school with didnt...and i went to a Christian university haha
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 8:09 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• so 1/2 the kids did
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:11 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• When I was in college, we had a set amount of chapel credits that we had to have. So I went to traditional church services on campus once per week and a contemporary one once per week. There was transportation to a miriad of churches on Sundays and I only went a few time to those. I couldn't find a church that I liked.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 8:58 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• My kids aren't in college yet. I attended an ARP college, so nearly all of my classmates attended some church or another in town. As a life-long atheist, I, of course, slept in.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 9:03 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I did occasionally at a church on campus. I don't think any of my kids ever went to church. But they are wonderful people and just going to church doesn't make a whole lot of difference. If you have a good heart and are honest, that will be just as good.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 10:01 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• anon: haha i guess thats so, never thought of it that way.

NL we had chapel services every weekday & we only got one absence a week (15 a semester). i figured i was covered when it came to church haha
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:59 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• NL,

Chapel credits? What?
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 4:31 PM on Aug. 18, 2009