Ebay Or Craigslist???

I have several items such as precious moments and other collectables I am thinking of selling for some extra cash. Which website would be the user friendliest and give me the most bucks? I have never used either and I am totally lost on these types of sites. Also how would I find out if the items I have to sell are even worth trying, if they are even items people are interested in?

soveryconfused

Asked by soveryconfused at 7:45 PM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Money & Work

• I would say craigs list, I use it all the time and I sell things so quickly. I dont like Ebay, because you have to pay to post. I hate that. It takes out of what you make. I really like craigs list and they have a spot for collectables too.
    MichMom1984

Answer by MichMom1984 at 7:53 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I've sold things on ebay before... coach purses, cell phones etc. Things I want to sell and get new ones of. I've never sold on Craigslist before, but I think it's free. I would go on both websites to see if they have similar items of what you're trying to sell and see what they're going for. It might not be worth listing them considering you have to pay a list price with ebay. Hope this helps.
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 7:54 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I've never used Craigslist, but I've had some experience with EBAY. Just look at what similiar items on EBAY are selling for and that will give you a good idea whether or not you are willing to part with the items at those prices.
    Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 7:55 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• The advantage of ebay is you are selling to a national audience. On craigslist it's just local. If what you are selling is easy to ship I would do Ebay.

I've sold stuff on craig's list and it can be a pain in the butt becuase people want to come see things before they purchase. Then they haggle on the price. With Ebay, you win you get it. No haggling.

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 7:56 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I prefer eBay.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:13 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I prefer Craigslist because it's local and they'll come pick it up - I don't have to bother with shipping!

Answer by missanc at 9:01 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• hmm maybe ill do both lol.
    soveryconfused

Answer by soveryconfused at 10:19 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I do Craigslist first so that I don't have to deal with shipping. If it doesnt sell on C-list in two days I put it on Ebay. After Ebay it goes to Goodwill.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 11:00 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Ebay for the most bucks. Craigslist is for your junk. People go to craigslist looking for CHEAP. Collectors will shop Ebay.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:15 AM on Aug. 18, 2009