How to get 3 yr. old to just play.

My so's dd is 3 and she won't come out of her comfort zone. We have been trying to get her to play outside on the patio with sidewalk chalk which she liked doing and then gave her a large bowl of water and a sponge and she went to town! That was just one day, now she won't go outside at all. Its been pretty hot so I understand it being to hot to go outside but even after it has cooled down she won't go. She wants to sit and watch tv. Any ideas of other things for her to do when it is to hot to play? Any suggestions will help, anything to get her away from the tv (and yes I turn it off).She will just sit there and do nothing.

dfaires4ever

Asked by dfaires4ever at 10:50 AM on Jun. 23, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• TV is an addiction for all of us isn't it! LOL I usually use TV programs like an award...Let's go here and do this then you can watch a show. It really motivates my little guys to pick up their toys when the "tube" is off...give it a try..hope it helps.
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 10:56 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• My 3 year old son did the same thing for a little while. So what I did was unplugged it when he wasn't watching and tried to turn it on and told him it was broken. I then would tell him lets give it time and go do something and come back and see if we can fix it. Then he would go play. And then I would plug it back in. I had to be sneaky but that worked for me. Good luck!
    rbade

Answer by rbade at 11:03 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• BUBBLES!!! I bought my 3 year old 2 bubble machines and they blow all over and she will run around and chase them until they run out. They are relatively inexpensive!!
    momto1727

Answer by momto1727 at 12:55 PM on Jun. 23, 2008