Jealous ex is driving me nuts!! What would YOU do?

Long story short: I broke up with my ex because I couldn't stand his family, and he refused to stick up for me. It's been almost a year now. We were together for five years.

He wants us to get back together, but I keep telling him I'm not interested. I can't be with someone and not like their family, you know? I try to explain this to him, but he won't listen.

Everytime I talk about possibly dating other men, he gets jealous and hangs up the phone on me, or if he's over visiting our daughter, he'll walk out. He doesn't want me to hire a babysitter because he thinks I'll go out and screw another man. If he's visiting and my phone rings, he'll start asking "Who is it??" He's freaking paranoid and jealous and I can't deal with it anymore.

How would you handle this? I still want to be his friend, because we have a child together, but I'm getting tired of the B.S.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:59 PM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• It's not easy to be friends with an ex. It might be best to just have him pick dd up and take her somewhere to visit and not let him hang around. I wouldn't discuss my private life with him either. He may be taking your "friendship" with him as hope you two can get back together so it is obviously giving him mixed messages. Find a way to make a change. Being friendly with him for the dd doesn't mean you have to be friends with him

Answer by admckenzie at 8:03 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• The court system is your friend... most of the time... You're an individual. Be the strong female you are and let him know your life is just that and he needs not be involved. Stand up for yourself girl.
    SP_Brittany

Answer by SP_Brittany at 8:02 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I'd tell him it's either you get that under control or you don't see your kid. My ex is like that too, but he never sees my son..for good reasons too. Be firm about it because evenutally if you do find someone else, your ex might scare him off.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 8:04 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• It doesn't sound to me like you can be friends. He is still too much a part of your life for either of you to move on. I agree with a previous post that suggested having him visit your daughter somewhere besides your home.
    Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 8:06 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• you shouldn't judge a person by their family. either you love someone or you don't.
    r_elizabeth2290

Answer by r_elizabeth2290 at 9:35 PM on Aug. 16, 2009