Woman accussed of being neglectant during her own rape....Can you believe that???

http://boards.history.com/topic/Current-Events/Connecticut-Hotel-Rape/520066276

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:04 PM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't think any rape victim should sue any facility or business because they were raped at that place. I don't think rape victim's should sue in general. This is looking like all this woman wants is money. If she were sueing to have a policy change that would be different.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 8:07 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I don't think anyone wants to argue the case of whether Marriott is to blame for the mom being raped because without seeing how the parking lot is set up, if it has adequate lighting, without knowing if there are cameras in strategic locations and people to monitor those cameras, and without knowing whether Marriot was aware of the rapist hanging around prior to the rape, how can we know if Marriott could have done a better job? Nevertheless, there is something called corporate negligence and people have the right to sue when they feel the charge is warranted. If the rape victim wants money, then she deserves it now simply for how Marriott handled the lawsuit, including contacting her friends and family to testify against her and most likely challenge her mothering skills.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:13 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I completely agree with anon.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 8:14 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I think that they should settle with her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 PM on Aug. 16, 2009