Ooh baby.

Help! my dd who is 15, has recently told me she's pregnant. she's about 9 weeks along, well, yesterday, I found out I was pregnant! Ha, has any other mother had this happen? And what are we supposed to do!?

lauren1424

Asked by lauren1424 at 8:17 PM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Rent the movie, "Father of the Bride II"

Congratulations to both of you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:19 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• pregnant bellyWow are you both ready for this and where is the father of this child?banging head into wall

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:25 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Love her, support her, hug her, YELL AT HER, hug her, kiss her, and continue to support her- and MAKE HER ASS STAY IN SCHOOL!
    Good luck!
    JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 8:28 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• hey this sounds familiar....I saw this on 16 and pregnant, the girl was pregnant and her momma was too.
    congrats....
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 8:29 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Except for her age, I would think that was cool! So, do what you can to support her emotionally and help to keep her strong.
    Will she plan to raise the baby herself? Will she expect you to help? And the baby's daddy?
    She will need to understand her role as a student with a big future ahead AND that you caring for 2 babies is like twins~ a lot of work.
    Sounds like you both need to sit & chat, and iron out the details.
    Give her a lot of hugs, and get a lot back!!!!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 8:36 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Bash me, i dont really care!!

You should have had a better open relationship and had her get on some sort of BC. And if you have no control or communication with your daughter, then you should have been on BC too!

I was sexually active at 15 but I was smart enough to get on BC so that I did not conceive a child! So the bashing has NOTHING to do with your daughter having sex, its about her not being more careful
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:49 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• its like on secret life of the american teenager lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:09 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I actually was ALMOST in this situation. When I found out I was pregnant, my mom was having a pregnancy scare. Of course, I'm not 15 but we both think being pregnant together would have been fun. We could have helped eachother threw the whole thing but even though she isn't pregnant, she is still my main source of advice=]
    It does sound like it will be hard but you both can make it threw this. You can be a great mother at any age, even if the situation is unfortunate. Be the great mother she needs so that she can take after you and be a great mother for her child. Congrats & good luck to you both!
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 9:14 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Anon 8:49
    If you are so smart then you would know that you can get pregnant even when you're on birth control. It could've happened to you too and then people would be calling you stupid.
    militarywife976

Answer by militarywife976 at 9:17 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Thats good that she is open enough and you two are close enough that she told you....but she should of told you earlier... Congrats to you both. Can you stay emotionally supportive for her?? You are the parent of her. You need to be supportive but still be a parent. She will need to be the parent of her child and emotionally stable to support her child and so on....does she work? theres so much to be decided and figured out. Good luck
    DDTSMommy

Answer by DDTSMommy at 9:32 PM on Aug. 16, 2009