Should I be showing him how to walk?

My son is 9 months old. Hes crawling and pulls himself up on things and I was wondering if I should start showing him how to walk? (by holding him under his arms and letting him move his feet like hes walking) Or if I should just let him continue crawling around on the floor and walk without my guidance. I know hes still really young, and its not that I am pushing him to walk now, but im just wondering if I should be teaching him how to.

AdensMommy1107

Asked by AdensMommy1107 at 8:26 PM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It will not hurt him, for you to do it.

Answer by louise2 at 8:29 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• my 9 month old loves to "walk" while I'm holding his hands for balance. He'll eventually learn even without the practice, but it can't hurt.

Answer by missanc at 8:38 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Stand behind him and let him walk forward holding your fingers. That's what I did with my son and he started walking not long after he turned 10 months old.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 9:13 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• we wiated until our little one could stand up by herslef,but she was walking at 7months.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:44 PM on Aug. 16, 2009