Why are you against the death penalty?

I wonder if religion and being against the death penalty go hand in hand. Are you against the death penalty because you don't believe in an after life? What are your reasons for being against it? Personally I am for the death penalty. I'd rather our tax payer dollars go towards our children's education, our roads or anything rather than inmates playing ping pong and watching cable tv until they die naturally. That is just me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:27 PM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Here is how I look at it.....ANYONE come into my home or families home and take their life deserves to have their life taken also. All of you that claim it is wrong--I GUARANTEE you that if your son or daughter was brutelly murdered you would want the MURDERER's life taken as well. Yes it is and eye for and eye for me and not just for religious belief.

I also believe it should be done with an hour after someone is convicted and sentenced to death. This bullshit of giving them years to sit and watch tv, play games, mingle is not right when the life they took no longer gets that opportunity nor the family of the life that was taken!!!
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 8:31 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• kscmbz Well said. Agreed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:35 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I believe in the death penalty.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:51 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Not used often enough or quick enough.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:52 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• i am not against it. i remember in a high school class we learned it cost more to execute someone than to let them live it out due to the astronomical legal aspects of it, like trials etc., not sure if that is still the case or not.

BandME

Answer by BandME at 8:53 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Most christians I know are all for the death penalty. I've always found it very amusing about them.

I have no problem with it as long as there is a full confession or unshakable evidence. But I'm atheist, so religion has nothing to do with my opinion.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 8:55 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• All for it.
    AmFam5

Answer by AmFam5 at 8:56 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I'm not against it either. I totally believe in the eye for an eye system too.
    I think sex offenders, pedophiles, rapists, and murderers should be executed as soon as convicted too. So what, they sit in jail with a possibility of parole, only to possibly get out and do it again? I don't think so.
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 9:07 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Wow very contridicting this subject is very hard to answer it, feels one way at one time , feels the other way at one time, Its like this if somebody harmed one hair on my grandbabies head i would wont them to fry!! bottom line, OK I Stated my feelings on that, On the other hand Christs says in Matthew, to get out of the old and into the new, means turn the other cheek, And i will obey what he says, also on the flip side, JESUS SAID BETTER THAT YOU WERE NEVER BORN THE TO HARM A CHILD!! Now what better punishment to get , the wrath of God...... So as oppose to the death penality i dont think its our right to end a life, We all will have a judgement day when each one of us face God!!
    sweethonesty520

Answer by sweethonesty520 at 9:14 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Just the thought is cring worthy,imagine someone saying okay its time for you to do. Its scary enough to think about and thats the reason why I say no to the death penalty. And its against what I believe in,that no man has a right to take someones life whether they commited a crime or not..If someone were to take a loved ones life away I would rather he stayed in prison and died naturally,he or she would have to face their own mistakes and deal with it for eternity.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 9:15 PM on Aug. 16, 2009