Anyone Redecorating Their Home?

HomeSuccess09

Asked by HomeSuccess09 at 8:30 PM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• We are!!! We started with remodeling the kitchen. We had old metal cabinets, so we changed them out for nice oak ones, we found a grrrreat deal on them with all the appliances, but we also had to take the 90 degree stair case out of the kitchen, reverse them and have them going upstairs from the kids' toy room. It's going to look great!!! I can't wait!
    clhadley

Answer by clhadley at 8:35 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Yes. I really would like to get rid of the old fashioned gas stove & in the wall oven in my 80's kitchen...it's 2009 lol & that kitchen is older than I am.

Right now were working on the outside and bathrooms.
    colesmommy2009

Answer by colesmommy2009 at 8:52 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• We just did our living room. Unfortunately we smoke so the walls looked nasty! I called it antique. It has been 10 years since we painted. So we started by knocking out a wall to open it up, it leads to kitchen. Then we painted all walls in LR and Kitchen, bought all new furnishings for LR and a new kitchen floor and hubby had to have carpet in LR. I prefer wood floors. Now we are out of money and will finish kitchen next year. We already have a new table and chairs and stove. However my cabinets are hideous. Dark brown panel crap on top, light oak on bottom except we still have the old metal sink/base. Now that the living room opens to kitchen it looks WRONG! By the way we no longer smoke in the house. I will not go through all that washing and priming again let alone the smell. Good Luck to all remodeling!
    yldflwr

Answer by yldflwr at 1:59 PM on Aug. 17, 2009