How do you become Ordained to preform Pagan Weddings Legally?

I am studing to become a wedding planner. I would also like to offer the pagan families an alternative to the sherif. (there is no local priestess)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:55 PM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• http://www.themonastery.org/

This website will allow you to get ordained online. I know several people who have used it.
    Hope I Helped!
    colesmommy2009

Answer by colesmommy2009 at 9:05 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• www.ulc.net

I'm a ULC minister. If you have any questions you can pm me.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 11:08 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• btw, I'm not a fan of the monastery and they've been known not to turn in their ordinations to HQ. Which is why I recommend the ulc.net site instead.

SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 11:09 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I agree with SalemWitchChild.
    It doesnt take long either. My MIL did it online in a matter of minutes.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:41 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Thats where I got mine ULC.net.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:13 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• ULC & Monastery is practically the same thing. The monestery is owned by ULC so whats the problem! Either of those websites will get you there. I personally used the monestery because that was the one that stated on the home page that they don't care what religion you are. It's your choice both will get your ordained the same quick & easy way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:53 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• No actually the monastery is not "owned" by the ulc. The Monastery was created by a ULC minister. But that minister has neglected to turn in new ordinations info in the past. ULC.net is an officially sanctioned site by ULCHQ and run by Brother Kevin.

SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 11:49 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Here this is a thread on the .net forum that helps explain the different ULC websites.

http://ulc.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=109979&view=&hl=monastary&fromsearch=1
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 11:56 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Either way, make sure you are in accordance with state law so you CAN sign the legal document.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 4:29 PM on Aug. 18, 2009