back pain...

i have been experiencing terrible pain in my lower back on my right side. it feels like a pinched nerve, everyone says that the baby must be pressing on my siatic nerve, does anyone know what, if anything i can do about it? is it better to do light excercise or to rest with heat and ice. what is better?

duesept29

Asked by duesept29 at 8:55 PM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have had the WORST back pain of my life, thank god Im almost done- I found that the only things that helped me was heating pads, icy hot, ice pads, than back to heating pads... Also I tried to walk about a half hour EVERYDAY so he would move- it has gotten better, but its not cured!
    JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 9:02 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• TAKE A NICE WARM BATH IF YOU CAN AND KINDA HAVE YOUR BODY FLOAT IT WITH RELEASE A LITTLE PRESSURE
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:13 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• try getting on all fours and stretching a bit that way even try pushing the baby thats what i do when he's in a posistion i dont like...mostly now he digs into my hips which is really uncomfortable like bone to bone
    freshly.married

Answer by freshly.married at 10:21 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Going to the chiropractor took away 100% of my problem, immediately! I learned that how I slept would cause the sciatica. :-(
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:48 AM on Aug. 17, 2009