Im three months pregnant, and whatever i eat i cannot keep down. I cant even keep down water. So basically i havent been eatin as much and when i do eat it comes right back up. What is wrong and what should I do???

Essenceelise

Asked by Essenceelise at 9:07 PM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It sounds like you are having extreme morning sickness (or as I called it when I was pregnant all day sickness). You should talk to your doc about it. They have medication you can take to ease it enough that you will probably still feel queasy, but you would atleast be able to keep food and fluids down. Your baby and you both need the nutrients. I took Zofran and it worked well.
    mommytabbott

Answer by mommytabbott at 9:13 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I had a lot of trouble not getting sick every time I turned around. I couldn't even brush my teeth without praying to the porcelin god first. I found that before i even got out of bed it helped to eat a little cereal or some saltine crackers. It helped me, maybed it can work for you too. :) A little bit of good news.... my morning sickness eased up after the 6th month. GOOD LUCK!!!!!
    experiencedmoma

Answer by experiencedmoma at 9:23 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I know how u feel, I would get horrible morning sickness, and I couldn't eat, it went away eventualy,

Have u tried to eat ritz crackers and sprite?

My doc told me to lay in bed before I get up in the morning and eat some crackers and drink sprite, and not to over eat but to try to keep somthing small in ur tummy all the time,

I lost ten pounds in my first few months, and I was so relived when it stopped.

Good luck!
    :)
    Juhhmell

Answer by Juhhmell at 9:25 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Nothing is WRONG with you. Same thing happened to me. Look at the bright side...Atleast since you can't keep anything down you know little one is content...Keep drinking water. SLOWLY eat a couple crackers here n there. There were days upon days I couldn't get up out of bed and if i did it was to go straight to the bathroom -- peeing while i was puking also....Morning sickness sucks but it will pass. Vitamin water was the only thing that got me through that horrible stage.
    DDTSMommy

Answer by DDTSMommy at 9:34 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• This happens. Try drinking luke warm ginger root tea. Traditional Medicinals makes a great white ginger tea bag that you can buy at HEB stores. You can use any brand using real ginger root though. Ginger is great for nausea. Try peppermint tea as well. Keep your food very bland and easy to digest. Until things calm down eat mini meals. Don't attempt filling up on big heavy meals you'll only throw them up. Try the BRAT diet. Bananas, Rice, Applesauce, Toast. This is what they would give you in the hospital. Broth is good as long as it isn't filled with garlic or onion. Try a cup of ginger tea, wait 20 minutes then try a banana if you keep that down then add rice and so on. You should start feeling better soon. Usually the morning sickness eases in the second trimester. Good luck!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 9:38 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• If you can keep Ensure or V8 Splash down you'll get some nutrients. Don't get dehydrated. You'll end up very sick if you do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:40 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I've had the same symptoms. My doc told me to take a unisom with a B-6 (I believe that's what it's called..it's a B vitamin). He said those two combined take away the sickness. Also, try keeping saltines near your bed. Snack before you get out of bed, it will help ease your stomach. Make sure to drink a lot of gatorade to keep yourself hydrated. Take your prenatals at bed so that all the necessary nutrients are ensured to your baby (if you take it right before you lay down, you are less likely to throw it back up). Hope you are feeling better soon!
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 1:38 AM on Aug. 17, 2009