Can you help me with my bi-racial son's hair?

I have been ordering Carol's Daughter hair milk for my son's hair but I'm tired of paying $30 for 8oz. What do you use? His hair is not coarse enough for oily type products which is why I liked hair milk. Do you have any tips or products you use that are under $30 for 8oz? lol

a_and_j_momma

Asked by a_and_j_momma at 9:11 PM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I'm bi- racial, so I may be able to help. I love, love, love the website naturallycurly.com. I've done quite a bit of research on curly hair and this is the best website. You can identify why type of curly hair your DS hair and it will tell you how to manage it and what products are good for that hair type and what salons in your area specialize in curly hair.
    My hair was a mess my whole childhood because my mother didn't know what to do with it. She just loaded it with greasy products or kept it short. It wasn't until I took control and started talking to people and doing research, to realize she was doing it all wrong.
    There are things you can do without just cutting it short to control it. There are tons of wonderful, inexpensive products out there.
    Good luck!
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 12:44 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Try FRIZZIES. I have curly hair (I am white) and I use it.

Answer by louise2 at 9:16 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I have a biracial daughter. And her hair is not that course. I don't use the oily products either. What I use is Just for Me. I get it at WalMart. I use the curl smoother and they have hair milk too. But I like the curl smoother for her hair.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:30 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I just give my son a fade
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:48 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• My son is 3 he is bi-racial too. He has very curly hair. I have tried everything and nothing seems to work. If you do find something please let me know.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 10:07 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• With boys, you can just cut there hair short to control it. I have two 1/2 black 1/2white DD's. They both have thick unruly hair. I had to learn how to frenchbraid. I was living around Black people at the time, It did help me a lot on there hair. How to take care of it.

Answer by louise2 at 8:21 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Try hawaian silk just started usin it on my bi-racial daughters couldn't have found better
    Cheree1985

Answer by Cheree1985 at 10:31 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• have never used, but i hear that mixed chicks and jessies curly pudding products work well
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 PM on Aug. 19, 2009