are your pillows and/or mattress secretly gross under their respective linens?

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 9:15 PM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Home & Garden

• C'mon people - if you're going to take the time to post, don't make her feel bad about it! We are all human and ofcourse the pillows and mattresses get yucky just like everything else does! It's like everything else you just have to keep up on it! All the stuff they said like replacing pillows once a year and cleaning the mattress and keeping them covered is what we all do but the fact of the matter is that in between the upkeep they get dirty!
    momrocks1000

Answer by momrocks1000 at 3:06 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Nope, all of our mattresses are new and I replace pillows once a yr.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:17 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Eww no, I dont replace my pillows but I keep pillow case covers on them and I dont drool
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:23 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• No. Although they are all clean, everything including my mattress has a mite cover. Mind you, it was expensive to cover everything.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:25 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Nope
    Babydoll1015

Answer by Babydoll1015 at 9:43 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I wash the pillows a couple of times a year; we keep mattress pads on the mattresses and wash those at least twice a year (when we flip the mattresses)

Answer by rkoloms at 9:56 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Nope. I wash the pillows once a month (or after someone has been sick), and use my carpet shampooer on the mattress once a year, both sides, in the summer, then take it outside to dry and bleach out in the sun. We live in AZ, so it only takes a day or so, and the heat helps kill anything that might have survived the shampooing.
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 12:40 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• no
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 12:17 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Our mattress is new, the baby is working on it though. Leaky bottles, and sippy cups. I use my carpet shampooer when I change the sheets though. I take my covers off and wash my pillows, it amazes me how nasty they can get if you don't. You don't want to sleep on that.
    KRYSTALxoxo

Answer by KRYSTALxoxo at 3:23 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Absolutely not! I'd not tollerate that!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:19 AM on Aug. 18, 2009