People who don't vacc's your kids...

( No drama just curious. ) Do you vacc's your pets? I KNOW it's NOT the SAME I was just wondering. Why do you or do you not? How is the decision the same or different for you?

(not sure where to put this question)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:19 PM on Aug. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

• i vaccinate my pets and my kids, but i make damn sure i have done all of the research first!! that is what makes a smart parent!!
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 10:41 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Lol! Good question!! Very funny. We delay vaxing our kids. I do give my dog a rabies shot. I think it is required by law! But the main reason is I do not consider my dog as the same worth as my children. If the vaccination caused a neurological disorder or a reaction in my dog I wouldn't have a problem giving her up. I would be disappointed if she died, but I could replace her. The same cannot be said for my children.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 9:38 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I had a friend who vaccinated her horses but not her kids. Dogs I understand, it's the law. But if vaccines are bad for your kids, why would you vaccinate your horses?

BTW, I fully supportive of those who chose not to vax, just think this is a good question.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 9:56 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• My 7 month old daughter is up to date with her vaccines. I see what can happen when ppl don't get them(I work at a hospital)
    msfila1980

Answer by msfila1980 at 10:05 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I don't have pets... But when I did, I did not vaccinate them either... However I have never owned anything like a cat or dog... I have mice, rats, snakes, fish and a scorpion... I'm not really sure there are vaccinations for any of those?!? IF I had a dog or a cat or something like that, I would have to do some real research before I made my final disition on the matter. As for my kids, they are and will remain vaccine free!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:12 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• being my family has a big part in the local hospitables and after working in a lab where animals werent vax im a biggie for vaxing...now my animals i give my own vaxes taht i pick up from the ag store the only one i have to pay for r those that have live viruses now my dd is given basic shots but i dont allow her to have the chicken pox, flu,and when she at the age i wont give her the gardisill either
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 1:09 AM on Aug. 17, 2009