help!!! please give me answers!

I'm 38 weeks and I just lost my mucus plug last night, I've had some cramps but they don't really feel like tightining, this is my 1st pregnancy, and I'm having sharp vaginal pains, does this mean labor is soon or a while away?

And tell me what it feels like when labor comes? And what's false labor???

Thank you!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:21 PM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I knew I was having contractions when they hurt really bad and my stomach completely tightened up. They were 5 minutes apart or less. The day before that, my stomach would get really tight, but they wouldn't hurt all the time. I can't give any advice about the mucus plug because I never lost mine, or at least if I did it was at the hospital and no one told me. Good luck!
    militarywife976

Answer by militarywife976 at 9:24 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Usually when you loose your plug it means labor will start between 24-48 hours, however if it doesnt start- its ok, because your plug can grow back.
    I can tell you this also, I have pains in my vagina all the time- Im 39 weeks- sometimes women are in labor and don't know, so it wont hurt to go in to the hospital to get checked, however I don't think your in labor- But better to be safe than sorry-
    JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 9:24 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• You'll know when labor has started it feels like really really bad menstrual cramps. Imagine your worst period cramps ever and for most people that is what labor pains feel like. You'll have a tightening sensation in the stomach as well. The mucus plug usually means labor is coming soon but for me it came two weeks before I gave birth.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:35 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Op: I feel cramps but compared to my mestral cramps before wich where hell, its like a 2 or 3 on a pain scale, and its not tightening that I can feel. But itl happen like every 2-4 hours,
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:45 PM on Aug. 16, 2009