What do you think of this video?

Link in first comment.

*Special note for IhartU*
The music on this video is the song "Is this the Real Thing" by DJ Madson. It is the song from the sound track from "The God that wasn't There" .

beeky

Asked by beeky at 9:22 PM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:22 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• my first thought was, of course, i'd fire the editor if it was my commercial. secondly, as an xtian, i don't fear, mistrust, or hate atheists. thirdly, of all the horrible things done in the past in the name of religion, i still choose to believe in God, and that thought does not make me one with any religion, or man. man will fail you..God, as i believe, will not and has not.

since you asked..... :))
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:33 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I refuse to apologize for the sins of the past. I neither hate, fear, mistrust, etc. atheist. I do however get very tired as a modern Christian that you don't even know, of being labeled and judged because of the actions of others.

I refuse to judge any atheist or any other groups based on the actions of others. Why can't I get the same treatment?

teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 10:01 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Well said Teamquinn.  I believe that is precisely what the video was trying to say.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:09 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• But couldn't the point have been made without insulting and insinuating that all religions hate others?
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 1:43 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• The video isn't insulting anyone and it isn't insinuating anything.  It is stating FACTS!   Are you denying that Christians burned people at the stake?  Are you denying that Muslims flew planes into the World Trade Center? 

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:05 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I'm not an Atheist but, I thoroughly enjoyed the vid :)

BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 10:12 AM on Aug. 17, 2009