I need help! Ima teenage mommy and my mom don't teach me how to be a mom.

My 5 month daughter rolls over, she learned by herself. but now it's time for her holding her bottle. How do I start teaching her? Or when should I? She likes to stand aloooot so wen should I teach her to walk?

4teenmommy

Asked by 4teenmommy at 9:48 PM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• show her how to hold the bottle when she eats . as far as walking let her pull up stand whatever she wants as much as possible and she will do it when it's time. hold both of her hands and walk with her.
    toledoohiomom

Answer by toledoohiomom at 9:51 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• you need to purchase a book from the bookstore or borrow one from the library that teaches you how to care for infants and toddlers, seriously.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 9:51 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• First off, your a mom and it's not your mom's job to teach you how to be a mom. Anyway, most babies dont' walk until 11 or twelve months. With my son, learning things was almost like an instinct. I'd show him how to do it once, then he'd do it. Putting her hands on the bottle will teach her how. Be positive with her. She senses negativity. Babies are like sponges. They soak up things around them.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 9:51 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• She will do it all when she is ready.
    Take her hands and put them on the bottle. Show her what she should be doing and be consistant with showing her.
    Hold her hands and walk WITH her. Then start to stand her up and take a step away and tell her to come to you.
    Ultimately, she will learn when she is ready. Good Luck Momma.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 9:52 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• ...my mom DOESN'T teach... no wonder she's a teen mom
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:52 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• u can start teaching her to walk if u want,we waited til our little one was standing by her self,she was walking by 7months.also never prop a botte ever or let ur baby sleep with one at night. can she try to hold the bottle?also try useing her feet to hold it too.just keep working with her,good luck,i am a new mommy too and i lost my mom when i was 16 so i was on my own as well.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:53 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• i dont think i ever taught my son how to do anything really, he just learned how as he went along
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 9:53 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• " ...my mom DOESN'T teach... no wonder she's a teen mom "

and no wonder you went anonymous.. rude!
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 10:00 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• 1st of don't pay attention to these miserable bitches on this site! Your askin for help & all they can do is put u down!!! Well I commend u for askin for help that takes a lot for someone to ask 4 any kind of help! Ok enough of that!
    Being a mom is not something that can be taught its an instinct!!! Your baby girl will show u when she is ready to do something you just need to be their & show her & be patient with her she will learn from you... so its up to you to show her right from wrong just guide her in every way possible but remeber she will always have to learn for her self all u can do is be their & help...
    jaidah917

Answer by jaidah917 at 10:01 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• um is not your moms job top teach you how to be a mother
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 10:02 PM on Aug. 16, 2009