is this normal? I think my thinking's wrong?

So I'm pregnant for the first time, after having a m/c last year. I'm 9 months which is great! lol. I'm Rh neg. and my baby is Rh pos. and she's breech. and those are the only things that are really wrong. But back in my first and 2nd trimester I was always worried that something was wrong (that's when I wasn't throwing up lol), every time I got a pain, or cramp. I think I had my doctor's number on speed dial. But I was just wondering if its normal to do that? b/c my husband is seeming annoyed lately, I don't worry about pretty much anything any more., but when ever I tell him my back hurts, he acts like I'm complaining and tells me that I've made it this far, why am I so worried. So I just want to know if it was normal of me to be worried like I was?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:20 PM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• oh yeah, i was worried about everything when i was pregnant. any little thing that could of went wrong, i was freakin out about it.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:22 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Of course it's normal! And if I'm sorry to say that the worry doesn't end when the baby is born, but you'll learn how to deal with it. As for the back aches and stuff, tell that husband of yours that you have every right to voice your discomfort and unless he wants to sleep on the couch he'd better start showing some compassion!

Things will get better soon! Congrats!!!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:28 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Of course its normal to be worried, and especially after having a m/c. Its all perfectly normal. Your back pain is also normal, but maybe you and hubby arent speaking the same language. It sounds like he is perceiving your pain as complaining. Maybe you could say that the position of the baby is making you uncomfortable and that you arent worried, just uncomfortable :)
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 10:31 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• beckcorc-haha..he doesn't mind sleeping on the couch! I take up most of the bed(with my legs and arms spread out like Im flying and we have a ca King bed! lol)
    SuperMomof3kids-yea that sounds like a good idea
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• i was that way
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 10:46 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I was like that with my pregnancy. I have had 2 early m/c so every little cramp or pain made me a nervous wreck. As my pregnancy progressed I became less nervous also. It is perfectly normal. My SO was also a grouch towards the end, I think that is normal also.
    reava

Answer by reava at 11:16 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• That's how I was, this is my first as well and I'm 8 1/2 months. I was sooo worried about everything. I had pretty bad cramping in the beginning and I called my doc at least twice a week. I cried and told my fiance that I thought I was going to lose the baby. I had some slight spotting, went to the hospital lol it was nothing of course. I have called my doc's office so many times that any nurse that answers recognizes my voice. I've been to the hospital 5 times, only 3 of those time I really needed to be there. My fiance got annoyed too, he had a month or two where he'd just ignore anything I said that was related to pain or worry. If I said ouch or anything he wouldn't even bother looking over or asking. Now he's a lot more compassionate because I explained that the mix of the hormones and this being my first was the reason I was so worried in the beginning. Don't worry! It's normal :)
    javila

Answer by javila at 12:44 AM on Aug. 17, 2009