Long distance Fathers how might I ease the affects on my child?

My daughter's Dad lives in another state and I can literally count how many times he has seen her on my hand. My daughter is almost three and she is involved in dance. She constantly asks why her daddy is not there like the other girls'.

tigerlily511

Asked by tigerlily511 at 10:24 PM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• Can you have a web cam at your home and his so they can see each other every day?

Answer by rkoloms at 10:25 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I was going to suggest the same thing, sort of. Why don't you bring a video camera to the events and tell her that you are taping it for her father? Hopefully it will go some way to reassuring her that he cares and would like to be there. It would be great if he could tape his reaction to it and send it back.
    AndiJS

Answer by AndiJS at 10:29 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• find her a good stepfather that will be just as good as a real father.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:33 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Thanks so much for the replies. I have thought about a web cam for us. Just one problem the reason her Dad is away is work. He works 6 days a week and sometimes 12 hour shifts. So by the time he gets home to call us, she is sleep.
    tigerlily511

Answer by tigerlily511 at 10:45 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Well I plan on moving to another state and that worried me too, so I decided to start taping their events that are important, posting it to a private youtube page and that way he won't miss out on it.
    DaGoodLife

Answer by DaGoodLife at 11:27 PM on Aug. 16, 2009