What is the precentage?

Of having two missed miscarriages in a row?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:29 PM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I am not quite sure of your questions meaning do you mean you think you may have had 2 miscariages in a row and not known it IDK what you mean sorry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• okay sorry lol this is what I mean...I had a missed miscarriage in January. I am pregnant again and can not help but feel worried like something is wrong and that I'm either going to miscarriage or worst what if I already have and don't know it like the last one..I know the precentage of having a missed miscarriage but what are the odds of it happening to you again in a row? Is that more understandable?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I dont think she understood what a missed miscarraige was. A missed miscarriage occurs when the fetus dies, however the woman's body continues as if the fetus is still viable(to answer fps Q)

Now as for you're being more likely to have another missed miscarraige, I think it is rare but only your doctor can tell you if you at risk of it again or not. Try not to be too stressed over it as you know how harmful stress is to your baby. Relax and think good thoughts.. dont be worried until you have something to worry about.
    Good luck and congrats on the baby.
    youngfirsttimer

Answer by youngfirsttimer at 11:35 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Heres some more info for ya... There are several causes for a missed miscarriage and it depends on when during the pregnancy the missed miscarriage occurs. Due to the fact that most missed miscarriages occur within the first twelve weeks of gestation the cause is most commonly due to chromosomal abnormalities within the fetus. These chromosomal abnormalities can be due to several factors including poor quality sperm or egg, abnormal cell division of the fetus, and / or genetic abnormalities of either mother or father.Other causes of a missed miscarriage include infection (std, sti), abnormal uterine anatomy, abnormal hormonal levels within the mother, systemic illnesses (diabetes), immune disorders, and substance abuse.

youngfirsttimer

Answer by youngfirsttimer at 11:45 PM on Aug. 16, 2009