Anyone use Singulair?

I started taking it about a week ago for asthma. I can definitely breathe better, but I've developed quite a cough. I'm coughing up a lot of mucus and I now have a sore throat. Oh, and then there's the nauseau, loose stools, and fatigue. These are listed as common side-effects, but I can't find info as to whether or not they're temporary or permanent. If they're going to go away, I'll keep taking it, but it's not worth it if it's not going to change.

I'm going to call my Dr. tomorrow to see what she thinks but I'm just curious of other's experiences with the drug.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:44 PM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Health

• I don't take it myself but it has been a wonder drug for my hubby and kids. All of them are asthmatic. Dh is so bad that he was been hospitalized for asthma twice this past winter. DD#1 was using our nebulizer almost every night. We got them both on singular and they are down to periodic, maybe once a week using a rescue inhaler. They also use Advair. My twins only use the singular now. They have a rescue inhaler but I have to keep checking it to be sure it hasn't expired. They had no side effects at all.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 10:55 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• My daughter used to take it, and she said sometimes it made her feel similar to most of your side effects. She took it at night, which helped with most of her side effects, especially the fatigue. She also said most of hers went away after a little time and that was the best allergy med we ever had her on. The only reason we quit was because her insurance stopped paying for it.
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 11:09 PM on Aug. 16, 2009