Do you have 3 children under the age of 5?

If so, please tell me your routine/schedule or what you do to make your day easier. I have an almost 4 year little old boy who is a pretty easy going, sensitive guy, a 15 month old little girl who is into any and everything and just goes, goes, goes and a 1 month old little boy. I am a SAHM and getting ready to be alone with all 3 for the first time after having help and as excited as I am, I'm nervous as well because I think we need a good routine/schedule with 3 LITTLE ones! Please tell me about your routine/schedule and how you keep your sanity!!!

TylersMama05

Asked by TylersMama05 at 11:01 PM on Aug. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

• I don't really have an answer for you, but I am looking forward to hearing other's answers. I just brought home #3 on Friday so now my house has three under three.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• At one point I had a four year old, two year old, and a newborn! They are 10,12 and 14 now! I also remarried and have a 2 year old girl now! When they were all little, most of the time I had to take things one day at a time! Its rough, but eventually everyone adjusts!
    alithemklady

Answer by alithemklady at 11:58 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I have a 5yr, 2 yr ,and 15 month old (plus my 10 and 8 yr olds)... You really just have to take things slowly finding something that clicks takes some rearranging and it will get frustrating at times! But once you find that click... oh sweetie its amazing.
    My schedule is wake up (for the ?? time LOL) at 7 or 7:30 do breakfast.. 8~11 or 12 school work older kids and play time or movie time for the younger kiddos... 11(or 12) ~ 12 (or 1) lunch time wind down time... 12~1 (or 1~2) quiet or nap time... 1~3 (2~4) school work/play time.. 3~4 play time.. around 5 or now 7 (since i'm staying w/ a friend) we will eat supper... do baths then a few mins of tv and bedtime... OF course our routine changes w/ activities going on .. ex. caleb has soccer monday and thurs so those days are messed up LOL.. BUT IT WILL ALL WORK OUT...

**HUGS** I'm here if you need me...
    beccan

Answer by beccan at 12:11 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I had a 3 1/2 year old, an 18 month old, and a newborn at the same time - it's hard! I don't remember my schedule (they're now 8, 9 and 11), but I wanted to encourage you and let you know we're all here for support. It does get so much easier in a little while when they'll start to play together, it's just getting over the hard part. I wish you luck and hope things go smoothly, and I agree - a routine will make all the difference!

Answer by missanc at 9:09 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I have a 7yr old dd, a 2.5 yr old dd, a 17 month old little boy, and a 3 week old baby boy. Most of my days are by myself with the children while my dh works. So our day usually goes something like this... We get up in the morning. I feed the baby first, I get him settled and down for a nap, and then I feed the other three children. I let them play for a tiny bit after breakfast. They then have a bath and get dressed for the day. This usually gets us to 10:30am. They then play for a while. At 12 I feed the baby, and then I feed the other three their lunch. My 17 month old has a nap while the girls go out to play. The baby goes for another nap, and I usually go out in the yard with the monitor to play. Soon after my 17 month old is up and wanting to come out and play. In reality our day is consumed with playing.. and being outside in the fresh air. It helps that all 4 of my children are very easy going.
    KristinRox

Answer by KristinRox at 9:15 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Well I have a 3yo, 2yo, 1yo, and one on the way and it is CRAZY around here sometimes. Nap time is at 2:30 bedtime is at 9:30 for the older two and 9 for my youngest. For the most part i let them do what they want BUT they have to be behaving, if they don't behave then there are time outs.

Getting into an all out routine of this happens at this time and that happens at that time is way to hard. something always throws it off. At this point i think i'm not going to have control til they are older and i am ok with that, Everyone is happy, fed, and healthy.
    Love2beMom

Answer by Love2beMom at 9:41 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Honestly, I think the best answer is just to take each day one day at a time. You will work your schedule out thru trial and error to see what works. My kids are 5, 4 and 21 months now. When my son was born they were 3,2 and newborn. I would have to say after about a month, we were in a nice schedule :) Good luck and don't forget to breathe!
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 3:19 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Oh Becca I envy your schedule. Truth is...Its crazy at my house. Its petty much nonstop around here.Liz (2) doesn't nap, so the only thing scheduled is meals.
    valerie0103

Answer by valerie0103 at 11:18 AM on Aug. 20, 2009