It cost how much???

I need advice. My SIL ALWAYS ALWAYS feels the need to tell the family, group at large, or just who ever is in ear shot how much she paid for things. I don't care if we are talking about bananas or new cars, her stuff ALWAYS costs more...or was super expensive. If I buy a bunch of bananas and pay 97 cents she paid 2 bucks. She is always crying broke, yet saying to her DD before she comes to our house for a visit "Don't lose that leather jacket dear, your Uncle paid over 200 dollars for it." Drives me insane! Why does she feel this need? Where I come from it is rude..or at least in poor taste. How do I get it across to her that we don't care what she paid for her tampons? It is relentless! She needs to stop, it makes the whole family uncomfortable. What should we say to her???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:10 PM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• say to her next time "nobody cares how much you paid for your tampons!" maybe that will shut her up
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 11:12 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Sometimes I have been known to say how much something cost but usually its when I think I got a really good deal. Like the other day I told my in-law that my Mom got $900 worth of name brand clothes from Macy's (tommy hilfiger/ralph lauren) for $200 because of the great sales.
    With her deal, maybe it makes her feel better about herself to think you all "envy" her. When really you just wish she would shut the hell up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Just ask why do you feel like telling us how much you paid? tell him it drives you nuts and it makes us uncomfortable.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:14 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Ask her, not us. Ask yourself why you are bothered by this.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:15 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I hate when people do that! I am the opposite lol, I brag about how I got something on cleaance or the 2nd hand store.
    ItsMeGigi69

Answer by ItsMeGigi69 at 11:19 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Yeah real helpful rkoloms, with moms like you, who needs enemies?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• who really cares for RKOLOMS to begin with always knows it all with her answers
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I had a friend like that. Everything had a price tag, and she either 1: got a better deal than you did OR 2: has a better brand than you had. It was annoying. Didn't matter what anyone did, she wouldn't change. You might try being blunt, she probably won't get subtle hints.

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 11:26 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• she seems insecure
    anarose26

Answer by anarose26 at 11:27 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Anon 26, isnt that the reason for answering a question, because you feel that you KNOW the answer? Seriously that was a stupid ass comment.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 PM on Aug. 16, 2009