washing baby clothes before there 1st time wearing it...

ok i decided i want to wash the baby clothes before she wears any of them for the first time.this is my 1st too so i never used detergent just for baby clothes and a lot of people told me to use that for the babys clothes.what detergent for baby clothes would you recommend.

Desi2Sweet

Asked by Desi2Sweet at 11:19 PM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• anything 'free' i think i used 'all free'
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 11:21 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I use dreft for my daughter, but any kind of free and clear, or allergen free would work until you find out how sensitive your baby is.
    reava

Answer by reava at 11:21 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I always used Dreft. You can find it in most all stores. And I'm sure there are other baby detergents out there just as good. You just want something that has less of the chemicals and less perfumes and dyes, so as not to irritate the baby's skin.

hope that helps~~
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 11:22 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• dreft costs a lot they have one they carry it at k mart and somtimes target...... its called baby all it has a duck on it and the container is white with a pink lid it is WAYY cheaper then dreft and it smells really good i used it with both my boys
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 11:26 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I always wash all the cloths before I put it on my kids, you just never know who touched them and or tried them on.
    I washed my first sons cloths in Dreft and when I ran out I washed it it Arm and Hammer detergent and I didn't see the diference, only the diference in price, Dreft is way to overpriced.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 11:27 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• we just used regular detergent and my son never had a problem. some babies do have sensitive skin though so i would be careful
    r_elizabeth2290

Answer by r_elizabeth2290 at 11:28 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I just used my regular detergent as well and my kids have never had a problem.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I just used my regular detergent, she was fine with it. If she broke out in a rash or anything I would have changed, but I didn't want to start out buying the expensive stuff when I could just use my own.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 11:30 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I personally don't like Dreft, or any other "Baby" detergent. If you compare the ingrediants they are exactly the same as the free and clear detergents but with added fragrance. Meaning they are more expensive and may give your baby a rash if they have sensitive skin. I already by only free and clear detergents, so I just use the same for the babies clothes. That just me though.
    nattabugsmommy

Answer by nattabugsmommy at 12:04 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Something without fragrance would be ideal~ babies have heightened senses, including smell, of course.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:17 AM on Aug. 17, 2009