nights and days mixed up...suggestions?

My newborn has his nights and days mixed up. It wouldn't be so bad if I didnt have a 13month old to chase around...Any ideas on how I can help fix this?

MommaWoods

Asked by MommaWoods at 11:32 PM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Have light on/shining during the day, even when he's asleep, and dark at night, even when he's awake. He'll eventually figure it out, just have to give it a week or two. Good luck!!
    cocoamug

Answer by cocoamug at 11:35 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• they say to make night time feedings done in the dark or very dim lighting, and have it very quiet, no music or tv or anything, and dont sing to him or talk to him too much, just give him little kisses, feed him and lay him in his crib. and make day time feedings very social, with talking and lights and singing and music and tv ...
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:35 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• Let her/him sleep for a little bit in the morning wake him/her up and then keep him/her up, it will be hard but it will be better in the long run
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 11:36 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• All of the above...and be patient. Most of the cure is TIME.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:21 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• My dad took my daughter for a day for me when she did that, I also had a toddler on the loose. He kept her awake pretty much all day and didnt let her nap. After one day she was back on schedule
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 12:40 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I woke my kids every 3 hours during the day to feed, so they had a schedule and got enough calories in during the day. At night, I let them sleep - up to 5 hours for the first week or so until my milk supply was established and then as long as they would.

Answer by missanc at 7:46 AM on Aug. 17, 2009