35 weeks and possible labor symptoms???

For the last couple of days, I have been having cramping pains in my lower stomach and back. I was 50% effaced and 1 cm dilated at 30 weeks. Should I go into the hospital or call doctor or forget about them? They are not regular by any means but still freaking me out. What do you think?

ttcgirl110

Asked by ttcgirl110 at 11:37 PM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• if your really that worried about it just go to L&D the worst that can happen is they will send you home
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I'm 36 weeks and have been having cramping and contractions for 5 days now... since it has been going on for a couple days it is most likely pre-labor and your body is getting ready. You may just have an early baby, so make sure your ready! If you are concerned go ahead and give your dr a call. I just decided to wait until my next appt, which is tomorrow morning, to talk to my dr about it.
    nattabugsmommy

Answer by nattabugsmommy at 12:01 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• How frequent, how intense, and how long does each one last?
    Can you drink a lot of water, have a snack, and rest a bit? Sometimes re-hydrating & rest can reduce the contracting some.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:18 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Doulala is right, contractions that mean labor come at regular intervals, but the nurse at my birthing classes at the hospital said that they would rather you call/come up there a hundred false times than hesitate on the time that it would have been necessary.
    vintagesnow

Answer by vintagesnow at 12:28 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• call dr. if you want- you will probably be sent home. I was 2 cm. for a few months before I went into labor. Maybe just braxton hicks/ ligament... if you are worried, always call the dr, though.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 12:28 AM on Aug. 17, 2009