Lean Cuisine

I know they are super high in sodium, but I also know that they are inexpensive low calorie meals.

Has anyone had luck losing weight with this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:41 PM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Nope. Besides the salt they are higher calorie small portions. You'd be better off and it would be cheaper to make your own on the weekends, then freeze portions to reheat through the week. If you buy the ingredients to make one of those meals, you'd have enough to make 5 or 6 meals and the cost per meal would be way lower than the Lean Cuisines, plus the food would be better for you because you control what goes in it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I used them on conjunction with WW because they were good for a quick lunch. I would NOT however live on them for 3 meals a day.
    mag12305cmg

Answer by mag12305cmg at 2:28 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Lean Cuisines and a lot of other "low calorie" foods that you buy at the store have MSG in them that has proven to not help lose weight. I agree with anon...Make your meals when you have free time then freeze them for your weekly lunches.
    mammacjjc85

Answer by mammacjjc85 at 12:33 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• i agree with mag12305, i use them as a quick lunch while on weight watchers and they are pretty tastey
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 4:05 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I went on a diet right before I was pregnant and I ate a lean cuisine and a yogurt for lunch everyday. I ate decent for supper and ate oatmeal for breajfast and walked about 20 min. 4 nights a week and I lost 5 pounds right off and then I found out I was pregnant! I think if you eat them for lunch and try to eat good for other meals, you will see results.
    saysmom

Answer by saysmom at 3:23 PM on Aug. 18, 2009