Jar Foods

Does anyone's baby like the jar foods of meat like chicken, beef, ham, or turkey? My son literally gags when I give him any of these but loves the veggies and fruits and loves to eat what I eat whether it be meat or whatever. He is almost 8 months old. Just wondering if anyone's baby really likes the meats or not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:41 PM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Nope, he never liked jar food and I don't blame him, I've been feeding him everything I eat since he was five months old
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 11:49 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• My kids never really liked the meats. They loved the fruits and veggies though. And at 8 months you don't need to worry about them needing the meats. They are still getting what they need from the formula or breastmilk, whichever you are doing, so if they don't like it don't worry about it and crack open a new veg for them to try.
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 11:51 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• The meats are disgusting. The smell alone makes me gag and my daughter hates them. She gags too. She loves the fruits and veggies though.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 11:56 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• OP: The smell is AWFUL! glad to see that my son is not the only one that does not like them
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• It's not the smell that gets me. The texture of them is crazy. They are grainy and gritty. My daughter doesn't mind them as long as they are mixed with something else but we usually just bought the jarred dinners that have meat and fruit or veggies mixed in. But she 8 months now and usually just eats what we're eating. She only gets baby food if we're having something I don't want her having.
    sadiesmom87

Answer by sadiesmom87 at 12:56 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I never did jarred meats. I think they were about 7 months when we started giving them bits of meat from our plates. They were eating it on their own by 9 months.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:07 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I'm kind of appalled that they even MAKE jarred meat. :/ I just give Emi bits of ground meat.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 11:44 AM on Aug. 17, 2009