scary ?almost to close to home..

so u walk to the park in the stroller with your 2yr.. they fall hurt themselves.. yesterday myson almost fell off one of the openings on the side of the slide.. i yes thank u god!!! caught him.. but i got freaked out.. what if he would have been hurt at the park.. im a mile a way from my house.. do i ask someone with a car to drive me to the hospital .. doc.. REMEMBER i have no car... but if he was hurt,.there is no way i could have walked home...i dunno .. thank god i didnt have to deal with this.. but what would u do .. if u walk to the park .. and a bad accident happened.. thank u

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 PM on Aug. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

• sorry i have NO car seat
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• do you have a cell phone to call 911?

Answer by admckenzie at 11:48 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• op yes i had a cell phone. but what if he cracked his head.. call 911.. or go with someone else
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• i would call 911
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:51 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• 911!
    alithemklady

Answer by alithemklady at 11:52 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I would never go with anyone else unless I had absolutely no choice, I just don't trust people in this day and age, I either call 911, but if it's not that bad I would call my parents to come pick me up.

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 11:53 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• op here there have been times i walked to the park without my cell.. not this time.. but that will never happen now
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• If he cracked his head you wouldnt know to call 911? Seriously? Poor kid.

As for you going to the park without your cell phone, thats kind of irresponsible and it should be something you bring with you at all times, especially when you have your child with you.
    youngfirsttimer

Answer by youngfirsttimer at 12:06 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• even before days of cell phone children were injured at parks and survived... If you have a phone you call 911 and don't move the child especially if its a head injury. If you don't have your cell with you you flag someone down, or you run to the nearest house and call 911 or you start screaming call 911 and i bet someone will hear your frantic tone and call. Parks are always in neighborhoods and people are always home in neighborhoods if they heard a grown women frantically screaming they would call 911 even if they didn't know what was wrong... now if its just a broken bone scoop the kid up and take him yourself, but never move a child with a suspected back or head injury, you could make the situation significantly worse.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 12:13 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• i would either call 911 or ask anybody nearby to call 911. the ambulance usually comes within 3 minutes, or so i've heard. but i also heard it takes as long as 15. either way, it's faster and safer than getting in a car with ANYBODY. i live near LA. dont trust anyone but family & close friends.
    Bernie19

Answer by Bernie19 at 12:52 AM on Aug. 17, 2009