When did you first introduce solids to your baby?

And was it cereal or a fruit or veggie baby food?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:53 PM on Aug. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 3.5 mos for cereal... 4 mos for fruits and veggies! That is excluding the first bite she ever took being strawberry and banana stage 3 baby food.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 11:56 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• im starting my son on rice cereal right now, hes 3 months old
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:57 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I started with the gerber cereal at around 5 months and started with the fruits and veg at 6 months for both boys. They were big guys that were hearty eaters, so they wanted food and all the time.
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 11:59 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• My daughter started cereal at 4 months, and really didn't like it, so i tried some fruits and veggies, and she loved it. But i only feed her once a day and only about half a jar. It wasn't until she was about 6 months that she really started to eat more
    ashjacks4

Answer by ashjacks4 at 11:59 PM on Aug. 16, 2009

• My son I started rice cereal at 4 months, then avacado I think, and banana. I started out making my own foods except for the cereal. He didn't like anything and was hard to feed. I gave up on making my own food because he wouldn't eat it.
    My daugher I started at 5 months. Her first food was banana. Actually a small piece of a banana I was eating, not mashed up or anything, and she loved it and ate it just fine. She ended up loving food and was a little piggy.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 12:10 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• 2 months cereal, 3.5 months fruit, 4 months veggies and has been on both since. Started what we eat around 6 months but blending it up so he wouldn't choke. Now he is 7 months and gets just about everything we eat plus jar foods and formula
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 12:17 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Per the AAP, four months is the SOONEST for a formula baby. Six months for breastfed. We started with banana at six months.

Yeah,. sure you CAN start them earlier...you just never know what you're putting down for the future. YOU may never live to see a problem but you could be laying the foundation for trouble. I'd prefer to avoid the risk, but it's your choice.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:25 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I started giving him cereal at like three or three and a half months, but only because my doctor said I could. I started him on Gerber stage 1 apple sauce mixed with cereal four days ago and he's doing really well with it. He's almost four and a half months.
    HisMommy414

Answer by HisMommy414 at 1:43 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• At 6 months and one week, we started green peas. I rarely gave my son infant cereal. He didn't like it anyways. I used to do research on allergies, so I wanted to wait until I knew my son was ready.
    AlyKen

Answer by AlyKen at 2:06 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• For the record, the AAP recommends 6 months for formula fed babies as well. Someone's information is out of date or something....

That said, we started at 4 months with cereal for a week then right into the jarred babyfoods.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:06 AM on Aug. 17, 2009