Has your childs friend ever stolen from her?

I babysit swap with my friend once a week during the summer. My 9 year old saw something in their daugheters house that belonged to her 7 year old sister. She asked wher why she had it and the friend said Katie said I could have it. Katie said the girl asked her if she could have the Salena Gomez notebook and my 7 yr old daughter said not it was special to her and gave her a bouncy ball instead. I confronted the mom and she got in a lot of trouble and had to apologize to myself and my daughter. I feel embarrassed about even bringing it up now. Should I have just let it go?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Aug. 17, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• No it is never to early to catch that kind of behavior if you would have let it go and the child knew that she got away with it she would probably start trying to get away with other bigger things. She now knows that for every action there is a reaction.
    mommymandaleigh

Answer by mommymandaleigh at 11:14 AM on Aug. 17, 2009