Forgiveness....

do you believe in forgiveness? Or do you hold onto grudges? I believe in forgiveness not to excuse the act, but to relieve myself of the added weight.

geminigirl18

Asked by geminigirl18 at 12:20 AM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Forgivenss is a priveledge each of us has to participate in if we're willing, and it's something we have to do over and over again. Forgiveness frees us from the bondage of bitterness. When we learn to forgive and free others, we also are making ourselves free.
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 11:05 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I forgive, but I usually don't forget. Wait, I'll never forget!
    kframpton

Answer by kframpton at 12:21 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I hold grudges for the most part.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:24 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I'm an extremely forgiving person. I may hold on to some anger for a short while, but there is nothing in my life that I haven't been able to forgive.

My husband says I'm too forgiving. Many years ago, I forgave what many people would consider "unforgivable", and I'm much happier now that I'm no longer wallowing in anger.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 12:29 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• If it weren't for forgiveness my DH and I would not be together.. don't know how he trusts me but I thank a god somewhere every day that he does. Funny, no one else's forgiveness has ever meant anything to me, but his means everything. Don't konw if I could be with me if I were him... I do agree with you that the most important reason to forgive is for your own peace tho.
    vintagesnow

Answer by vintagesnow at 12:37 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I forgive almost anything but the one person I will never forgive is my sister. I don't hold grudges unless I have been burned by someone more then twice, then that's when I make it a point to remember the awful things they've done to me.
    ItsMeGigi69

Answer by ItsMeGigi69 at 12:38 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• i believe in forgiveness,so i dontlike to stay mad,im not like a person that will just stop talking to you if you do me wrong but i sure as heck will not trust you agin
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 12:52 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I have to say I do have one person in my life who I can't seem to forgive. It was a friend from several years back who I trusted with all of me and she took advantage of that. I guess that's what I get for trusting the wrong ppl. I do that too often. I wouldn't be me if I couldn't find some way to forgive. It truly does free your soul. And yes kframpton, I never forget either! :-P

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger! You can learn a lot from your enemies. Keep your friends close, but your enemies even closer. ;-D
    geminigirl18

Answer by geminigirl18 at 12:59 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I think exactly like you do, Geminigirl.
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 12:11 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Well, it sure is nice to see some of you ladies are forgiving. I asked a similar question months back about second chances and I was amazed at how mean and nasty women were. You all have restored my faith in humanity.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:03 PM on Aug. 17, 2009