Pendulum and Pregnancy/TTC

My MIL is into Wicca. She is an aromatherapist and massage therapist. Well, I might be pregnant or thought I was anyways and took a test yesterday. It was a BFN. Well the day before (Friday) she had me lay on my back and held this thing called a pendulum over me. She asked if my name was Brittany, I replied "yes". Then she asked if I hated Shannon (my DH) , I said "no." She did this to see which way the pendulum swung for yes and vice versa. She had me ask if I was pregnant and it moved for yes. She had me ask if it was a boy, it swung yes. She had me ask if it was a girl, it was indifferent (she thinks I will have twins). I guess the way it works is it uses kinetic energy. She said it has never been wrong before ever. Well then I took the test and it was a BFN so I am assuming it was too soon so I am waiting a week to take another. My questions are...have you ever heard of this? Have you had it done? Was it correct?

Asked by Bamzakarat at 12:23 AM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• well, i have heard of it. there are a bunch of different types of this same test. i dont believe they are fool proof. i think they can definately be wrong. and have seen them be wrong. but who knows. it could be right. it could have been to early for the test.

Answer by erika_wright at 3:11 AM on Aug. 17, 2009