Isn't it sad???

There is wailing and gnashing of teeth at Democratic Underground...it's beginning to dawn on them that they've been duped! Copy the link....

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4017164#4017169

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:50 AM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• LOL....I think this has to be my favorite "realization!!!"

Frank Booth

Donating Member (1000+ posts)

Sun Aug-16-09 11:43 AM

Response to Reply #62

73. Obama sees it.

He's just either: (1) too weak-willed to do anything about it, or (2) the best con-man to come around in a long time.

I'm starting to lean to option #2.

laughing

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:29 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Dunno about sad, but unsurprising.

Politics is the art of the possible, and passing health care reform without compromise was NOT possible. I'd be MUCH happier with the change Sebelius is talking about.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:16 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Sad, but inevitable. and nobody can stay on top for 4 whole years if they haven't got thestuff...Barry just lasted 8 months.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:19 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Thank you for the link!
    This comment was a spectacularly intelligent description:

"capitalism is when all profits (minus taxes) go to private hands, and all losses are absorbed by private pockets

socialism is when both profits and losses are distributed to society as a whole, insofar as truly nationalized enterprises are concerned, this is the case here in Sweden, although the Moderates are somewhat busy selling-off some of the national-owned companies (Absolut Vodka a couple years ago, and now Apoteket, our national state-run pharmacy, in 2009)

what the USA has, no matter which of your 2 parties are in power (I do not believe in the false left-right paradigm that your country suffers under so badly for the last 30 to 40 years) IS FASCISM, wherein all profits (minus an ever-decreasing tax levy) go to private pockets, and all losses, by the large multi-nationals are simply transferred to the society as a whole."
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 1:31 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I thought this comment was like wow!
    I really hope this is not how all Democrats think.
    _________________
    We might have to work hard in 2010 to elect a Congress that will enact single payer and force Obama to go along with it. Actually, we need about 300 more Dennis Kucinich's.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:02 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I saw the tape from 3 years ago of Pelosi saying she admired people who raised a ruckus and shook things up. That was in relationship to the Bush Administration. Now, those of us who are raising a ruckus are astroturf and malcontents. We are a paid mob when we shake things up against the BO Administration. Funny!!!!!!!!

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:48 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Sad? Nope. Enlightening? Yep.

I am glad that at least some of them aren't taking more than 4 years to figure him out. He is just like Bush, just with a different agenda. I have heard him called Bush-Lite and I like to call him OBushma, he is just more of the same politics that he claimed he wasn't a part of. Typical of a politician to lie.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:08 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I think both Bush and Obama are not really the ones in control-never have been. I like them both. I just really dislike the powers behind the throne. The Cheneys, the senior Bush, the intelligence agencies,etc. Oil companies, the contractors who profit from the wars,etc.Think about it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• There is nothing to think about, you see it every day. I agree that it isn't so much the President in charge here, especially Obama. He delegates and then goes off on tour. It's congress we need to change.
    There is plenty of infighting and now that real people are getting involved the far left is getting hammered. They are not giving up on a public option. They are going to try and get it through no matter what it takes. Already they have come out and said Sebilious was wrong(misspoke is the word they used).
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:25 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• anon :20, all administrations have special interests. This one is no different. How about GE and the unions? They all profit from Obama's decisions, and in fact will profit heavily if the Dems succeed with their agenda. Cap and trade won't be good for anyone except those that invested in companies that sell carbon credits. Oh, wait, many that are deep in their pockets in support of Obama are invested in those companies. Oh! What? And Obama is invested in those companies too? Say it isn't so. . .

Wake up, they are all a bunch of thieves. 

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Aug. 17, 2009