What kind of alcoholic beverages do you have at home?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on Aug. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• Usually, we have tequilla (we use this a lot to make margarita chicken, not just for the occasional drink). Also, we have whiskey (again, I make bourbon ball cookies, as well as for the occasional drink). We also usually have some white wine (lol - for chicken cordon bleu in white wine sauce - neither of us really like to drink it). And, sometimes, port (lol - again, we use it for cooking - I'm seeing a trend here)

Now, for just drinks, we also usually have vodka in the house as well as various mixers for things like margaritas, daiquiris, and pina coladas , and sometimes wine coolers, sangria, or champagne. Beer if my dh is steaming some shrimp in beer.

LOL - just looking at it, you would think we drank a lot, however, we vary rarely drink - literally like we'll have drinks like once or twice every couple of mos, we just have it on hand.

We just moved overseas and couldn't take it though, so we got rid of it all.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 1:30 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I don't, my dads a recovering alcoholic so we can't have any here
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 1:23 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• We have some raspberry Smirnoff, beer, Gentleman Jack and half a bottle of cranberry vodka in the freezer. We bought the vodka in South Carolina a year ago, moved it to Michigan with us for the month we lived there and now it's out in Washington in my freezer. It's well traveled. Someday I'll drink it. lol

I only drink once a month, when I find out that I'm still not pregnant. lol
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 1:24 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Merlot, beer, bacardi, rum, alize, schnaps and i think that's all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:31 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Sailorwife can I move in with you ;]
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 1:39 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Lol nm I just read the last part! Booooo!
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 1:40 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Right now we have some wine, limoncello, meloncello, and orangecello we got in Italy years ago. It has sentimental value so we never drank it. And dor drinking purposes, my FIL is out here and he and my husband like to drink honey berry leinies where you mix half a honey leinenkugel beer with half a berry leinenkugel. I think there's a bottle of crown royal in the freezer that he hasn't touched in months. i don't drink at all, but he will from time to time.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:40 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• lol - sure you can - we're in Japan, come on over :-)

We're going to start re-stocking soon, because I'm making margarita chicken this week :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 1:42 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Can you email me the recipe for that margarita chicken??

As for drinks in my house, we have 2 different kinds of tequila...apparently my husband thinks that his "good" tequila shouldn't be used with a mixer when making margaritas. We also have a few bottles of Shiraz for him and Riesling for myself. Oh, and all the fixings for Bloody Mary's.

It takes us a while to go through any kind of alcohol, but we usually will drink the wine pretty fast as we have company over for dinner quite a bit.
    clhadley

Answer by clhadley at 2:55 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• None. We don't drink and have never had alcohol in the house.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 3:16 AM on Aug. 17, 2009