Any advice on getting a cat to come back home?

Ive done craigslist, shelters, posters/flyers. I heard to leave a piece of clothing of mine out side to putting some of her liter outside. Any advice on what I can do to get my cat back?

I posted here because not one responded to my question under pets and this section gets more traffic.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:29 AM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• good that you did everything else.leave the litter out and also put some food out.i hope you find your cat id be hurt without mine.
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 2:08 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Gosh, I guess those ideas sound good. I have always had a cat in my life and only once did one leave. :( I swear I saw him at the local high school here. Sometimes cats just have that "thing" in them where they want to live elsewhere. Maybe they meet up with a gang of cats that like to prowl around all night. Good luck though.
    ItsMeGigi69

Answer by ItsMeGigi69 at 2:03 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• How long ago did they disappear? It's possible they are just out exploring and you'll have to be patient and wait.
    MamaSueCongdon

Answer by MamaSueCongdon at 2:16 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• It's definitely hard to be patient. But I have a good story - when I was a kid my cat disappeared for two whole months. We had given up on him. Then one day he just came strolling down the driveway like he'd been on vacation and was coming back on schedule. Our theory is that he fell in the ditch bank behind our house and must have gotten carried out a few miles from our house before getting out. Not sure if that's what happened... but he was always a wanderer.
    MamaSueCongdon

Answer by MamaSueCongdon at 2:18 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I had a cat once who fell off my balcony and I was so sad because she was an indoor cat and I loved her so much. I was so sad when she was gone. Then one night I looked outside on the downstairs neighbor's windowsill and THERE SHE WAS!!!! Chelsea was HOME!!! I was SO happy to see her and it was a good 2 weeks or more that she was gone.

But now she is gone and it wasn't because she ran away or fell off the balcony, unfortunately. It's been about 14-1/2 years and I miss her so much.

Hopefully your baby will be home soon. They do have really good "homing" instincts I think.

It's always good to put pictures around and to notify the animal shelters etc.

Hope you find her soon in good health.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:46 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Thanks ladies for the encouraging stories, I hope and pray my cat comes back home. She has never been gone this long 13-days and counting. :(

I think about all of the things that could have happened to her and it makes me crazy...and sad. I hope one day she comes walking up the drive way or jumps over the fence in our back yard. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 PM on Aug. 17, 2009