i dont cook. i wish i could but i just hate it

am i a bad mom? any ideas for healthy EASY and FAST meals for a 4 year old? i really feel like a bad mom and my grandma pretty much tells me i am.... i dont ever give him junk, just not many homecooked meals.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• start small, start easy...make some pasta roni...cook up some chicken nuggets (bake in the oven) and chop em up..put em in the noodle roni..add some broccoli or carrots or something. Its barely even cooking but better on her tummy than fastfood. Some things are really easy to make too, trust me..like spaghetti, meatloaf, caseroles...start easy and small and work your way up
    2boymama

Answer by 2boymama at 1:48 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Shake and bake chickens or pork is soo easy! Just throw the chicken or pork in the shake bag, put the crumb thingy in it... shake until it's coated. Then pop in the oven for 20 minutes. Tada! Add a side of vegetables. I like frozen veggies. Just boil it until tender.

Tacos are easy, too. Ditto with sphagetti.

As far as lunch goes, some yougurt with granola is always good. Cubed cheese and fruit/veggies.

For breakfast, we usually do scrambled eggs with toast, a side of fruit. Occassionally, I will scramble the eggs and then sprinkle colby-jack cheese on the eggs. Then heat it up until it's melted.

Once a week treat, pancakes or french toast.

Everything I listed takes 20 minutes or less, and is rather quick and simple to whip up. I hate, hate cooking, so minimal time in the kitchen is a must.
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 2:15 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I am hear with you Mama. I don't cook for myself and I have to MAKE myself cook for my son. And its usually microwave deals. but I still make sure he has a meat, veggie, milk grain etc... i am doing it for HIM though - not because its ME That doesnt' want to do it ! they have shake bottles for pancakes which he loves in the morning! thats like 30 seconds of shaking!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:48 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• at least im not the only one! but i do always make sure he gets healthy and wheat he needs
    LadyDahl

Answer by LadyDahl at 6:46 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I cook all the time b/c i enjoy it. But in your case, being a mom and cooking is part of the job. Sorry. Stop being lazy and go make cooking fun! Fix meals that you would like to eat too. I feel sorry for my friends kids, they always want to come to my house b/c I cook. It's something they will remember forever.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 2:37 PM on Aug. 18, 2009