a question for the younger moms or moms that had kids at a young age

im trying to find an age criteria, 22 seems too old for what im saying but im almost 22 and im sure i'll feel the same, so moms 22 and younger! but i mean really for anyone who feels this way

do you feel that people in your graduating class that dont have kids talk down to you and treat you like you're dumb? i mean maybe it's just projection but it feels like a lot of my HS friends feel the need to explain things to me very throughly or if i say something they have to tell me what it means, and im like 'okay im not an idiot i'm in college just the same as you' (well most of my friends went to UC's and im at a CSU so it is a tad different i guess)

is it just me?

pookipoo

Asked by pookipoo at 4:06 AM on Aug. 17, 2009 in

• I am 21 so I understand where you are coming from. I don't think I really have any of my friends do exactly something like that to me but I do feel like I am talked to and acted differently than other friends that aren't moms and stuff. I feel like I don't get to spend as much time with my friends and that I feel like they think I am maybe not as important to them anymore now that I have a kid. I dunno I understand what you are saying though.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 4:15 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• yeah i only keep up with my HS friends on facebook
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 4:17 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I personally cant say i've felt this way, i'm 21, but the majority of my graduating class either had a kid before they graduated or shortly after, i was one of the few with out kids until a year ago. But the kids i went to school with never really did any of that. But i do understand what you mean.
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 4:22 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• yeah the school i went to was full of 'preps' (lol i havent had to use that word in so long)
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 4:24 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I never had kids while in school....never hung with that crowd.....but I bet it does happen.
    Jazmineamomma

Answer by Jazmineamomma at 9:02 AM on Aug. 17, 2009