the difference between a real christian and a professing one?

so many times people love others for their own gain. there’s do-gooders everywhere, oprah, dr phil, the prez just to name a few. they may not even believe in Jesus or in the kingdom of God and yet may see that loving will be to their advantage in this world. even in the name of Jesus or religion there is no difference. to God this kind of “love” is worthless. remember what Jesus said, on judgment day many will say to me, Lord, Lord, we prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name. but i will say i never knew you get away from m, you who break Go’s laws. matthew 7:22,23 the real christian chooses the glory of God and the good of his kingdom over everything else? a real christian lives a moral life because they love holiness – not happiness?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:59 AM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think a professing Christian is all in the mouth and nothing to show for his/her "title". I don't think they really know what Christian is. They are those that think that because they believe in God, that they are Christian, yet they really haven't ever been saved and are just grouping themselves into a category. That said though, a true Christian will profess Christ as well and mean it with knowledge, so it could apply to genuine Christians as well. Depends on where the heart is. I've never heard of regenerated Christian, but I would assume it is the kind of Christian I hope I am. One that is constantly seeking God's wisdom and will for their life and constantly trying to change to conform to that will. Am I right or is it something else?
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 7:45 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• oh boy I cant wait for 2mothershelper to start preaching away on this one *rolls eyes* LOOK OUT, you'll be sorry u asked.

here comes the drama
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:02 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Please post more clear questions. I can not pick out what to answer.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:40 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• The difference between a preaching Christian and a practicing one? Simply put - the first is a person of the words [they use it] and the second is a person in the Word [they live it] .

PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 7:34 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• a TRUE christian is happy living a clean moral life i guess thats how you can tell a TRUE christian from a fake.
    lawla

Answer by lawla at 9:50 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• LOVE I ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM IS AN ADVANTAGE IN THIS WORLD, HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT PEOPLE WHO DO GOOD IN THIS WORLD, THEIR LOVE IS WORTHLESS, HOW CAN ANY KIND OF LOVE BE WORTHLESS? CORRECT ME PLEASE IF I AM WRONG, BUT YOU ARE SAYING THAT IF YOU DON'T BELEIVE IN GOD AND THE BIBLE LOVE IS WORTHLESS?

DON'T YOU THINK THAT HAPINESS MAKES GOD HAPPY TOO?

Answer by older at 11:21 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Older, The bible says a Christian purifies themself by obeying the truth, and this one capable of giving sincere love. I understand that you probably won't understand that, though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• *this allows one to be capable of giving sincere love.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• ANON, I DON'T OBEY THE BIBLE TO THE LETTER, BUT I CAN TELL YOU I AM VERY CAPABLE OF PURE AND SINCERE LOVE.

Answer by older at 11:44 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Sometimes people show love and compassion as a "Front." Behind the facade they feel differently. Has anyone ever worked the soup kitchen and hated it? Sometimes we are good and we do good things soley b/c it is expected of us. I noticed this awhile back that I sometimes did good things for people so I could gloat I was a good person. (Since then I have tried to steer of that) I think I understand what the question asker is getting at....We are def not perfect and I think it's a great idea to ask yourself, re-evaluate yourself and make sure you are doing good deeds for the right reasons.
    Darlinree

Answer by Darlinree at 12:15 PM on Aug. 17, 2009