i feel as if i was starving! weird i know....

i am on the pill, have an almost 3 month old,breastfeed and bottle feed her, and i am hungry all day as if i am lacking something or just starving myself, i am loosing weight but i feel weird and also do not wanna eat more than i am supposed to so i do not gain weight has anyone had this feeling before,could it be the hormones on the pill?

maryfer

Asked by maryfer at 5:21 AM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I personally do not know about the pill or bfing... but I do find some weeks I eat about 8 meals a day! others I am not hungry and maybe eat once every two days because.... i HAVE to eat something. I also forget to eat if I don't feel hungry.
    I just started the pill, the weight thing hasn't kicked in yet (it's been a week now) and I never bf so I have no idea if it's hormones, your stomach shrinking or you actually needing food.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 5:28 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• what pill are you on? i'm on YAZ as of last week...
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 5:38 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• If you are eating less than what you were when you were pregnant, you could be starving yourself...? Remember that you are still eating for 2 if you are breastfeeding. It doesn't hurt to eat a little extra like keep an apple or some fruit on hand so that when you feel like you are really hungry you can snack. Another good snack is popcorn...low in calories and can be filling? Just make sure that by eating a little more, you are excerices it off before you go to bed too. I was on the pill and didn't have any of these problems, but when I tried eating less while breast feeding, I felt like I was starving...
    mammacjjc85

Answer by mammacjjc85 at 12:30 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Well I don't know if it has anything to do with the pill, but I would think that if you're breastfeeding you need to make sure you're eating enough. I eat 5 times a day: breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner. Make sure you're eating a good breakfast, try oatmeal, its good for you and really filling. I don't want to make this too long lol, but if you'd like some more suggestions just send me a pm :)
    hillaryann

Answer by hillaryann at 12:14 PM on Aug. 18, 2009