I just filed a complaint with our apartments corporate. I would like to know if some people can tell me if they think it will help any . Please any advice .

We have made many complaints to the office here and nothing gets done . We are sick of the horrible condition this complex is in . Doors get broke pot smells elevator always broke so I have to carry a stroller down the stairs alot the stair well always smells like pee hood rats and people that dont live here come and hang out in the halls large dogs not even on leashes and there arent even supposed to be large dogs . Noise so loud it wakes my baby . People knocking on doors to sell crap they made. Grafitti all over the place doors being proped open . the office only ever says there is nothing they can do . Security doesnt even do anything . They see the large dogs they see the people with their dogs off the leashes they see people break crap . We live in buildng 4 and the parking lot lights dont even come on back here when the others do so it staies VERY dark and it is NOt safe at all .

Do you think this will do anything?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:50 AM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I really want to help, but I have to ask a few things. One, how far are you willing to take it? Because you can push, and they could push back, making things even worse for you. Or, you could end up having to move. Are you willing for that to happen?

If so, put it in writing that you are documenting all of the discrepancies that are either 1) safety violations, or 2) violations of your lease. Then send them a letter with the documentation, and also research and send a copy of it to THEIR bosses - the corporation that actually OWNS the building, not manages it.

If that doesn't change it, then continue to document things and take pictures of the rats, broken stuff, etc, and send it, along with a list of problems, to the Health Department, and to the Public Health and Housing Department (or whatever it's called in your area).

cont
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 7:11 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• where do you live the projects? if it is that horrible you shouls make plans to move. if everyone is doing this do you really thin the manager will change it just for you? it seems like this is how they like to live and you don't belong there so why are you there?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:03 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Because it was all I could afford that is why . Im not rich and Im in college . It is right next to the university and near my work. It was the biggest studio they had here its 600 sqft for 515.
    please dotn bash me for me not living in the nicest part of town .
    I cant move . I have a lease til march 31st next year.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:05 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• OUr complex is even supposed to be gated but they never close teh gates , You are supposed to have keys to get in even if you walk but they dont lock those gates either .
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:21 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• cont

You can also send a copy of that to your property manager if you want. The Agency (not your apt managers lol) can help with that, in fact, depending on where you are exactly and what the problems are, your Agency might be able to help you out where you actually stop paying rent (well, you still pay it, but not to the apt). The money would go into a special acct that is held by the agency and the owners will have to address the health issues before the money is released to them.

However, all of that could result in them canceling your lease, making problems for you, etc.

As far as the drugs in the hall and the noises (at night) you could call the police and report them. Also, if your college has a Student Housing Office, you could go to them for help with it. Something else, as far as the selling crap - put up a sign saying NO SOLICITING or WE DON'T WANT TO BUY ANYTHING! or even DON'T BOTHER, WE WON'T BUY!

gl!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 7:16 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Thanks
    I did send it to their bosses .
    I wrote the managment company that email .
    I dont care if they make me move.
    Id LOVE to get out of this lease sooner I just cant afford the rest of the months and the fee they charge.
    I do write it all down and I have a couple pictures.
    Thank you so much for your advice !
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:18 AM on Aug. 17, 2009