Can my water break while I'm sleep?

Because I want to be alerat at all times..lol

tremother23

Asked by tremother23 at 7:44 AM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:48 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Yes it can.

Answer by Bmat at 7:51 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• yep....
    but if that was to happen to me I would feel it, b/c I'm so alert when I'm sleeping now that I'm pregnant, it sucks!
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 8:10 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Yes!! Mine did! I couldn't believe that might actually be wetting myself so I got up showered and changed and went back to bed. Then it started leaking again! It was crazy but I was happy to know I wasn't wetting myself! LOL! :)
    TX1027

Answer by TX1027 at 9:01 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Yeah and mine did. I woke up and mine was only leaking so I wasn't sure if I peed myself or if my water broke at 5 am. I changed and went back to bed (no contractions at the time) and woke up at 6:30 am to a soaked bed again so I was pretty sure I was leaking not peeing myself. Contractions started around 10 am and I delivered my LO at 3:30 pm.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 9:15 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Mine did. It was 3:30 in the morning, I was dreaming that I was on my period. I woke up and had warm, deep cramps just like I get with a period and felt something warm and wet down there. I stood up and fluid gushed all over the floor and there was a puddle in the bed.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:37 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• mine did. i had gotten up and went to the bathroom then after falling back asleep my water broke. At first i thought i just peed again but it gushed every where.

Matter of fact it happened with my first and then again with my twins (2:30am with DD at 38 wks, and 4:30am with the twins at 36wk)
    katelynsmom22

Answer by katelynsmom22 at 9:49 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• mine broke when I was taking a nap...i had a really strong cramp right before so I was well aware!
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 10:01 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Yes, but you shouldn't let it scare you at all. ;-) A lot of women sleep with towels in their bed to help, just in case.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:04 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Lol. Of course! :)
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 10:25 AM on Aug. 17, 2009