Anyone scared to have baby #2???

I know how stressed and tired I was after my first child was born...and now I worry that I may be in over my head!!! I am scared that I am not going to be able to handle this! I have always wanted more than one kid and know that I am pregnant I an questioning my abilities! Has anyone else felt this way? Is there anything that will help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:46 AM on Aug. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I suspect that it is a natural feeling, along with wondering if you'll have enough love for both children- which you will. It is harder work to have two, but on the other hand, you have all of the experience from the first, and so you'll have that much more self-confidence. You'll know what various cries are for, what symptoms need to be checked by a doctor, and so forth. The new baby will be different in many ways, but you learned about how to care for a baby with the first, and you'll feel confident that you will also be able to do quite well with this one. Best of luck to you!

Answer by Bmat at 7:50 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I was , All I can say is keep your cool and have your husband help as much as possible
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:48 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• i was wondering how i was going to go anywhere, especially grocery shopping with 2 18mo. apart. I adapted easier than i thought. Is soon became easier the second time around. Having help is great. I had my mom, who lives out of state, help me for a week so i had a chance to adapt. Then i had another child 19mo. later, 3 took a lot more to get used to, but WOW i adapted again!!!! My point is it all works out in the end. My 2nd son did not start walking until he was 21/2 due to a developmental delay and i had to carry 2 babies sort of like twins, but 2 different sizes.LOL . BTW my husband is pretty much useless when it comes to little babies, he's fine with my olderst who is 4 though. LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:28 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• i am terrified to have another baby, so we may just stick with one
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• There are things that can help! ;-) I think that getting as much as possible set up before delivery helps. Having a lot of help at home afterward is important. Do you have a birth and/or postpartum doula? She/they can really help you to ease into your new role as mom-of-two.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:09 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• Only because I have no idea how my 18 month old daughter is going to handle having to share attention.
    Skye-Angel

Answer by Skye-Angel at 11:12 AM on Aug. 17, 2009