Have you ever had difficulty quitting something or saying No to something as a mom, but later knew it was for the best

For instance, not going to a birthday party again on a weekend because you are so darn tired ... or saying no to another activity because you just can not do it.

rkozy

Asked by rkozy at 7:51 AM on Aug. 17, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I stopped taking my children to "invite the entire class" birthday parties unless the child was a close friend of my children. My husband thinks it is mean "how would you feel if no one showed up to your kids birthday?", but we have 3 kids and with 15-25 kids in their classes it became too much for me (and them).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Aug. 17, 2009

• I have no difficulty whatsoever. I just do it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:44 PM on Aug. 17, 2009

• it is my job as a parent to weed thru all of the activites and pick which is best or decide what we do or don't do...I never have a problem saying no.
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 3:42 PM on Aug. 17, 2009